The Garces Parent Club
Our Mission Statement:
"The Garces Parent Club provides volunteer support to the school community through social, academic, faith, and enrichment activities. We provide social opportunities for Garces parents to form friendships and build a strong community. We are proud of the support we provide and of our ability to work together with the Garces Catholic faculty, families, and students."
The Garces Parent Club monthly meeting schedule will be determined in August once we check on daytime versus nighttime availability.
Spirituality - Michelle Pisano
Hospitality - Gina Fanucchi
Outreach/Sonshine Committee Coordinator - Marcie Soper
Garces Moderator - Lou Ann Durrett
, Director of Campus Affairs
The Parent Club has the following committees available for our parents to join. You can opt to be involved in one activity or several. Our goal is to have our parents help out where they want so that it is a great experience for all.
- will work closely with Campus Ministry and the Director of Campus Affairs to assist with decorating the chapel, special guest speakers, Rosarys, Adoration, mission trips, special Masses, etc..
- Adoration - monthly volunteers to sit in the chapel for an hour or more from 12 noon - 4 PM.
- Step-Up Mass - decorate the chapel and set up reception table.
- Christmas Mass - decorate and set up reception table.
- Confirmation Mass - help with reception table after an evening Mass for Garces students who are going through the sacrament of Confirmation.
- Baccalaureate Mass - decorate the quad for a night time Mass
- Altar Guild - monthly decor for the altar in the Chapel
- St. Vincent de Paul Sack Lunch Program - monthly volunteers to assist students with making 125-150 sack lunches
- will work closely with Director of Campus Affairs to help with a variety of activities to make the Garces experience even better for our students and parents.
- Monthly Teacher Appreciation - monthly treat for the teachers
- Catholic Schools Week - assist with activities for the week
- Parent Social - help set up and clean up the Back to School Social
- Back to School Night - help handing out schedules and setting up a drink station
- Freshman Orientation - setting up a reception table and visiting with incoming parents
- Graduation - taking tickets and handing out graduation programs
- Student Activities - assist in fun activities for the students throughout the year
- will help out families in need - whether is due to the loss of a loved one, an illness, surgery, etc. - by providing a meal or transportation or another need.
Membership in the Garces Parent Club is $25.00. All Garces Parents are encouraged to join. The $25.00 membership fee includes:
- Parent Student School Directory
- Garces Travel Mug
Parents are NOT required to join to attend meetings or to volunteer to help out with an activity. The funds raised through the membership drive will help to offset the expenses incurred by the Parent Club.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com